2021/22 FLU VACCINATION PROGRAMME – AS OF 21st JULY 2021
SAVE THE DATE – We are aiming to start our flu clinics on Saturday 18th September – SAVE THE DATE
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) is considering, where possible, a combined approach to the delivery of the COVID-19 booster and influenza vaccinations will be followed.
The potential booster/flu vaccination programme is likely to be offered in 2 stages:
From September, the following persons should be offered a 3rd dose COVID-19 booster vaccine and flu vaccine:
- Adults aged 16 and over who are immunosuppressed
- Those living in residential care home for older adults
- All adults aged 70 and over
- Aged aged 16 and over who are considered clinically extremely vulnerable
- Frontline health and social care workers
As soon as practicable after Stage 1, the following persons should be offered a 3rd dose COVID-19 booster vaccine and flu vaccine where eligible:
- All adults aged 50 and over
- All adults aged 16 to 49 who are in an influenza or COVID-19 at risk group
- Adults household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals.
London Lane Clinic is waiting on further guidance and information before we can confirm how we will deliver this year’s programme.